Do I need to prep my hair before a color service?
- Unless you have excessive hairspray, gel or other products that coat the hair, NO you do not have to prep the hair. I recommend the hair not be washed any later than the night before, and hair must be completely dry for color service.
Do I need to prep my hair for my hair extension application?
- Yes. Hair must be completely clean of product and debris and must be completely dry and smoothed out. If I have to dry and smooth out your hair, there WILL be an charge on top of the service cost.
Does bleaching my hair damage it?
- Bleaching your hair CAN be damaging. It is very important to be completely honest with your stylist about previous color and chemical services you have gotten in the past. It is also very important to invest in the products that are meant for professionally colored hair and products that your stylist recommends to you. During the color service I will educate you on the products you should use to make sure your hair doesn't become damaged and your color will look fresh and last as long as possible. Home care if one of the MOST important things when it comes to coloring your hair and the actual color itself lasting.
Should I wash my hair before my appointment?
- I know different stylists have different opinions about this but I personally ask my clients to not wash their hair the day of their color appointment. As far as extensions, I always ask my clients to have freshly clean and dried hair prior to their appointment with no product in it (besides basic leave in conditioner/heat protectant).
Can I get my hair colored if Im pregnant?
- Yes you can color your hair when you are pregnant. I do not recommend and am not comfortable with doing on the scalp bleach on clients that are pregnant but as far as you using demi colors and foils, it is perfectly fine.